I just turned 19 and I had only one thing in mind,
to drink until I could no longer feel feelings.
but to do this in this country you have to be 21.
18 to die unjustly in an oversees war,
18 for sex,
18 for smoking,
18 for strip clubs,
but when you're 19 or 20 you can't drink.
what kind of shit is that? you can't drink?
so being young and 19 I decided to go to Mexico
with a couple of friends.
my bonny and clyde.
we arrived at the border crossing and there were
5 marines, a sergeant, and some other uniformed
men I didn't bother to recognize.
I never liked military figures,
so I glared with disgust.
they were checking ID's,
making sure anyone under age was not allowed to cross.
somewhere in the constitution I read about how it's
unconstitutional to for the military to police its citizens.
so being smart, and the smart ass that I am,
I questioned the uniformed man
in the camo who pulled his flashlight,
can I see your ID please?
what do you mean no?
I can't let you pass unless I see your ID.
Bush passed a new law, so I have to check your ID.
what do you mean go fuck yourself?
fuck Bush?
you better turn around unless you can show some ID.
what are you doing? come back here.
hey you!
stop!
Mexico never smelled so sweet.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment