not mad enough to walk into a bar
and have a drink,
but I remember the faces
of all the liquor store owners on Adams
and in El Cajon.
they all looked tired and never
asked me for an I.D.
was never an alcoholic but I'm
not sure what an alcoholic is.
everyone needs a way to get to sleep at the end of the night and
I'm all for whatever gets you through it;
for tomorrow will be another hell-day and
sometimes an easy day to bring shorter days
is a better then all of the bad days
put together.
are you still with me?
inside are the ugly people making
the ugly buys like liquor,
cheap potato chips, arizona iced tea or
almond chocolate bars.
cigarettes or menthol,
27's or those long virginia slims.
It'd bring home my solution for the night,
maybe a 40 of Mickey's or a couple 32's of Heineken
and the occasional bottle of wine.
at home I would arrive and then I would be here,
fighting the ongoing war with what few writers
would dare call, "Depression".
(I call it, "The Beast")
but I said it and now that the word is out
maybe you'll forget me for being too weak
or we can cry together and drink together
and at least
"here"
we'll find some joy
in slaying the demon
together.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment