Monday, June 9, 2008

a letter to sarah

I know it's late and you're probably out with your friends
but
you see
you're on my mind right now and I can't help
but write
other
than send
a less than meaningful text.

but the night is warm
and young
and entertaining
and I sit here
writing
for some strange intentions
that neither you or I can
understand

it's supposed to be that way;
some unfulfilled mystery waiting
to be discovered

I hold the red curtain and
think that maybe
underneath
is something
completely crazy as a
submarine
with torpedos
or maybe even Egypt

wouldn't you like to go some day?

It's almost like a dream,
sitting atop a pyramid

we'll be like the kings of the earth!

and yet the curtain is there
with all its mystery

a parachute to our sky-diving
adventure to the tops
of the pyramids

we'll conquer egypt
for all of its grandeur
above
paris and rome

we'll ride the desert winds
to perfect laughter as we
sail acorss the sahara desert past
yellow sands
and a red blazing
sun

No comments: